Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Finally...

So, I finally got my recycling to the curb. (I'm imagining virtual applause at this moment) I'm proud to say that while it did pile up in my garage, kind of a mountain of recyclable materials, none of it ended up in the garbage. Honestly my garbage cans wouldn't have fit anything else in them. But what is with there not being a bin for plastic? I don't get that. The bottom of the plastic bottles say that they can be recycled. I will have to research that I guess. Unless anyone has a quick answer for me....anyone??

Today I made banana bread. Yum....ok, so what is green about that? I didn't throw away the brown bananas?? I did use whole wheat flour!

I used my home made carpet deodorizer today. I think it smells good. It is baking soda with tea tree oil and a tad of lavender oil. Sprinkle and leave for at least 1/2 an hour. I love the smell of tea tree and lavender.

Baby's crying.....gotta run.

1 comment:

Jade said...

You are supposed to put the plastics in with metal. It's ridiculous really; the city is moving to single-stream recycling, where you have one very large bin (like our garbage cans) that you throw all your household recycling into and they sort it out at the facility.

It's poor planning on the city's part, and them not having the proper analysis in place to deal with urban growth.

((applause)) for recycling. Good job, girl! :)